Thursday, September 15, 2005

More on Google Blog Search

If you're around the blogosphere you probably heard something about this already, but I noticed today that when people enter my blog from Google's blog search engine, it doesn't show me the search terms they used.

That struck me as very interesting, since one way people track the effectiveness of their search engine optimization is by how people reach their site. If the blog search doesn't tell you, then tracking becomes that much more difficult.

It's reasonable to assume that Google will emerge as a primary source for most people, so I just won't know what works and what doesn't. I also wonder if this is a functionality that Google will apply to its primary search portal, which could have a massive impact on the entire SEO industry.

No comments: