Friday, July 03, 2009

Do the Blogs = Voters?

During the recent discussion about whether the TAB should be allowed in to photograph the progress on the new Newton North High School, the Mayor's Spokesman suggested that the opinions expressed on the blogs are but one data-point.

Frankly, he's right on that. Though, as TAB Publisher Greg Reibman points out in the extensive discussion on this post, "neither do public comments at meetings, letter writing campaigns, petitions, protests, or any other forum the public has used over the centuries to communicate with their governments."

So I'd like to call on a few Newton citizens to help me. I'd like to take to the streets and conduct an old-fashioned survey of people walking around Newton's various villages.

The goal is to find out if people feel that the project is progressing well. Also, whether they'd like to see an external group, such as the TAB, photograph the site, or if they feel the photographs and information coming from the city is enough.

I'd also like to show them some of the photos the city is offering up and find out if 1) they've seen the photos before and 2) if they feel the photos give them a good idea about how the project is progressing.

Who would like to help?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yas, I would. I'd like to turn that into a show if you allow me. Go on location, ie Shaws or newton centre and we'll tape your interviews and we can edit the responses. If you are interested, in having Veracity tape the responses give me an email at ahhinc@hotmail.com.
Sincerely, Tom Sheff

Chuck Tanowitz said...

Actually, I was going to do that anyway. I'll let you know when I go.