On the evening of October 23 you'll find me at the Cambridge Innovation Center in Kendall Square attending the "Tech Blogs" conversation. Details are below, but be sure to RSVP. Space is limited.
If anyone wants to grab a drink afterward, let me know.
Tech Blogs: How are Blogs Changing the Way Technology is Covered?
Entrepreneurs, CEOs, VCs, journalists, and PR professionals are increasingly cranking out blogs, podcasts, and video dispatches. How does this change the way the tech sector gets covered? What does it mean for CEOs trying to get their stories out, PR firms trying to get coverage for their clients, VC firms touting their investments, journalists trying to cover important news, and customers tracking the market? (Not to mention the relationships between all of these players.)
We'll bring together representatives from all four camps for a wide-ranging conversation (definitely *not* a panel) about the way blogs are changing the game in the tech world.
Participants will include:
- Don Dodge, Director of Business Development, Microsoft Emerging Business Team, and blogger, http://dondodge.typepad.com/Networking begins at 6:30, conversation from 7-8, more networking afterward. Refreshments will be provided.
- Jimmy Guterman, Editor of Release 2.0 and blogger, O'Reilly Radar
- Barbara Heffner, partner at CHEN PR and blogger, http://clarklane.blogspot.com
- Nabeel Hyatt, CEO at Conduit Labs and blogger, http://nabeel.typepad.com/
- Scott Kirsner, Boston Globe "Innovation Economy" columnist and blogger, http://www.innoeco.com
- Bijan Sabet, venture capitalist at Spark Capital and blogger, http://sabet.typepad.com/bijanblog/